Official Webpage/blog of artist Andy Brase

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Inking Scarecrow + Swamp Thing 19 Signing

Swamp Thing #19 which features a gatefold cover I drew, comes out next week from DC Comics.
"Cup of Kryptonite" have invited me to do a signing at their store on Wednesday (April 3rd) for the release. I'll be there in the shop from 5:00-7:00 PM. Stop by if you are in the Des Moines, IA area;)

You can find the address on their page:
Cup of Kryptonite on Facebook

Drawing Scarecrow was one of my favorite parts of the cover art.
Here's some WIP photos from inking Scarecrow, plus one of Swamp Thing's arm, and the full Ink version of Swamp Thing #19 too.

Scarecrow: WIP Ink detail 1
WIP Ink detail 2:
WIP Ink detail 3:
Swamp Thing's arm: WIP Ink detail
Swamp Thing #19: Ink Version (gatefold cover)
 
Finally here's a photo detail of the original rough sketch for the Swamp Thing 19 cover.  I really liked the original sketch on this one.  This is where I figured out the composition & basic shapes.  Then the final was done on another paper.
 
Rough Sketch Detail:


3 comments:

  1. Quite simply put, there are no words to do your work justice, so I will make do with just one: fantastic.

    ReplyDelete